Building RESTful Web Services with PHP 7 by Haafiz Waheed-ud-din Ahmad
English | 2017 | ISBN: 1787127746 | 244 Pages | True PDF, EPUB, MOBI | 18 MB
Learn how to build RESTful API and web services in PHP 7
REST is the most wide spread and effective standard to develop APIs for internet services. With the way PHP 7 has modernized the way code is written by simplifying various operations, it is useful to develop RESTful APIs in PHP7.
This book explains in detail how to create your own RESTful API in PHP 7 that can be consumed by other users in your organization.
Starting with a brief introduction to the fundamentals of REST architecture and the new features in PHP 7, you will learn to implement basic RESTful API endpoints using vanilla PHP. The book explains how to identify flaws in security and design and teach you how to tackle them. You will learn about composer, Lumen framework and how to make your RESTful API cleaner, secure and efficient by following SOLID principles. The book emphasizes on automated tests, teaches about different testing types and give a brief introduction to microservices which is the natural way forward.
After reading this book, you will have a clear understanding of the REST architecture and you can build a web service from scratch.
What You Will Learn
- REST API architecture and its benefits
- How to write RESTful API web services in PHP7
- To address security related issues in a REST API
- Importance of automated testing and to write tests for API endpoints
- Implement SOLID principles in your code and the purpose of Micro-services
- How to identify security flaws in our current API endpoints and tackle them effectively
- The working of Lumen microframework and writing RESTful web services in it